(makes 10-12 waffles)
6 eggs (separated)
1 cup of coconut milk
3/4 cup of melted coconut oil, cooled
2TBSP maple syrup or monk fruit sweetener
2 tsp of vanilla
2 1/2 cup of almond flour
1/2 cup of tapioca flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp of baking powder
1. Mix the dry ingredients together and set aside
2. In a separate bowl, mix together egg yolks (only) coconut milk, sweetener, coconut oil and vanilla. Mix until really smooth.
3. Pour the wet mixture into the dry ingredients and gently combine - don't overmix.
4. Beat the egg whites by themselves on high speed until they form stiff peaks
5. Fold the egg whites gently into the rest of the batter and gently mix until combined.
6. Heat up a waffle iron and pour the batter on to the waffle iron.
7. Follow the cooking directions that come with your waffle iron.
Posted April 1, 2022