Makes 4 servings
1 1/2 cups of coconut milk (Aroy D or Natural Value coconut milk are great options)
2 tsp of vanilla
sweeten to taste (an original recipe recommended 1/4 cup of honey or maple syrup, but you'd need to adjust if using a sugar-free sweetener like pure monk fruit)
1/4 tsp of sea salt
1/4 cup of nut butter of your choice (we loved almond butter)
Variations: add chopped up nuts, fruit or shredded coconut for extra flavor or 2 TBPS of Cocoa for a chocolate peanut butter cup taste.
1. This recipe is designed for an ice cream maker
2. Blend all ingredients (except for nuts and berries if using) in a blender, food processor or using an immersion blender.
3. Turn your ice cream maker on.
4. Pour mixed ingredients into the drum while it is moving.
5. Let ice cream mix for 20-30 minutes until it has reached desired consistency.
6. Best eaten right away, but can also store in the freezer
7. Enjoy and be creative with variations!
Posted May 21, 2021