This recipes make approximately 2 noodle bowls
4-6 medium zucchinis
2 large pastured chicken breasts
fresh herbs (basil, rosemary or others)
coconut milk (Aroy-D and Natural Value have no preservatives and are my favorite brands)
1-2 cups of chopped arugula
low-histamine nuts or seeds that you can tolerate (macadamias, pecans, flax seed)
1/2 to 1 cup of shredded cabbage
1. Use one TBSP of coconut oil and light sauté herbs and garlic (season to taste) in the oil for 1-2 minutes.
2. Cut chicken into cubes or strips and add to your pan. Continue to stir and cook until chicken is fully cooked and no longer pink. Set aside.
3. Use a spiralizer and make noodles with your zucchini
4. Use coconut oil in a separate pan and turn heat to medium hight heat.
5. Place noodles in the pan and quickly stir so that you cooking is even and you don't overcook the noodles. For crunchier noodles, only stir fry for 2 min. For softer noodles, stir fry for 2-5 min.
6. Place the noodles in a large bowl. Cut noodles so that they are a manageable eating length.
7. Stir in cooked chicken, 1-2 cups of freshly chopped arugula, 1/2 to 1 cup of shredded cabbage.
8. Salt and add extra fresh herbs to taste (basil is my favorite).
9. Drizzle 1/4 to 1/2 of cup of coconut milk over the bowl (I usually do this for each individual bowl)
10. Top with any low histamine nuts or seeds that work for you.
11. Be creative and add other seasonings or vegetable toppings that you would enjoy.
Posted April 23, 2021