2 cans of plain coconut milk or cream (no guar gum or sugar or other preservatives)
1TBSP of pure vanilla
1-2 TBSP of sweetener to taste (maple syrup, monk fruit or honey)
any other toppings you enjoy! We like: nuts, shredded coconut, berries, fruit, and sometime some dairy and sugar free chocolate chips
1. Empty cans into a large bowl
2. Use a hand immersion blender to gently blend the coconut milk (go gently so that the texture is smooth). Too long and it will separate the fat from the milk.
3. Add the milk, vanilla and sweetener to your ice cream maker barrel.
4. Allow it to process for the recommended time for your machine, aprox. 30min.
5. In the last 5 minutes of processing, add toppings.
6. Serve immediately!
7. You can store leftovers in the freezer and thaw a little before eating, but the best time to consume it is as soon as it is ready. Enjoy.
Variations: You can make olive oil and avocado ice cream, as well as coconut frozen yogurt. I'll post more recipes as we continue to experiment.
Posted March 22, 2021