Makes 2 dz biscuits
4 1/2 cups of Almond flour
2 1/2 cups of Tapioca flour
4 tsp of baking powder
3 TBSP of maple syrup
2 tsp of salt
10 TBSP of coconut oil
2 egg whites
1/2 cup of coconut milk
1. Combine the almond flour and tapioca flour and baking powder and salt together in a large bowl and blend.
2. Mix in the coconut oil and cut it into the flour like you would with pastry dough. I used my hands after awhile to make sure the dough was nice and crumbly and the coconut oil was well distributed.
4. Mix the eggs, egg whites, coconut milk and maple syrup in a smaller bowl and use an immersion blender to ensure the mixture is smooth.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and stir gently until the wet and dry ingredients are well combined.
5. Let the batter rest for a few minutes to allow the baking powder to activate
6. Using two spoons, drop the batter onto a cookie sheet or baking dished that is lined with parchment paper
7. Bake at 400F for 17-20minutes, when the tops of the biscuits are slightly golden, the biscuits are done.
8. Let the biscuits cool and enjoy!
Fat: 9.2 grams
Carbohydrates: 11.9 grams
Protein: 2.5 grams
Vitamin D: 1.7%
Vitamin A: 4.6%
Posted March 11, 2023